I saw a video interview done by Laura at 30 Day Books featuring Lauren Clark. I just loved listening to her talking about her story, and actually put her on my interview list of "Authors to Contact Someday".
Meanwhile, I followed her on Twitter. I don't remember if I tweeted her to tell her I thought the video was great or not. Doesn't really matter.
Because- Lauren Clark actually contacted ME!
She sent me an email inviting me to read her book and review it on my blog. MY BLOG! I know!
Lauren is the award-winning author of Stay Tuned and Dancing Naked in Dixie.
Things we talked about:
- Lauren's background as a journalism major and news anchor.
- Her learning process finishing several manuscripts before deciding to publish Stay Tuned.
- Publishers showed interest but nobody gave her a contract.
- How scary it is to have people critique your work.
- The importance of having as many eyes on your work as possible to perfect it.
- Lauren's author branding which is one of the most remarkable I've seen.
- Online and offline author platform, how to connect with readers and stay in touch.
- Speaking engagements and book clubs she's attending to build an offline following.
- How she came up with the concept for Dancing Naked in Dixie.
Like this interview? Please be sure to share it with your pals!