Holly Lisle's website is one of the very first websites I visited when I set out to learn about writing.
She has tons of free information for people wanting to publish their work and many books and courses to help writers develop their craft.
- The changes in the publishing industry since she published her first book in the early '90s.
- Building buzz as she blogged about her writing process.
- Growing a huge following for courses, not as much for fiction.
- Trying to find out who her readers are.
- Self-Publishing her work up on Kindle, Nook, Kobo etc.
- The best way to build an author brand is to be yourself.
- Loading her back list onto epublishing platforms.
- Why she believes writers should sell their books on their own site.
- Formatting your own work via Scrivener software.
- Why she doesn't like Smashwords.
- Getting your e-books up first and set up POD after.
- If you have a book ready, don't wait to grow a platform-- Publish!
- A book she recommends How To Make a Killing on Kindle