Today's Special Guest is a brand-new indie author, Elizabeth Aloe. I learned about Elizabeth on Tarryn Fisher's Facebook wall a few weeks ago. Tarryn announced The Next Class of Indie Authors who would be BIG. After reading about Elizabeth and her book The Reunion I immediately contacted her for an interview. I'm all about the Next Big Thing!
What We Talked About:
- After being laid off from the internet industry, Elizabeth taught herself to write.
- Editing and rewriting her first two books into one complete manuscript.
- Found a grad student to help edit the manuscript for a decent rate. (I think this is brilliant.)
- Looked in her network for a graphic designer to design her book cover.
- Decided to skip querying and go for the Indie route.
- Loves the freedom of being in charge of the cover and content of her book.
- Inspired by author Emily Giffin's chick lit novels.
- Feels Tarryn Fisher and Laura Pepper Wu have made a big impact on her career.
Thank you for the interview Elizabeth! Looking forward to seeing where your career takes you!
Chat with Elizabeth on Facebook