Beth started her career helping writers get there message out into the world. As a certified Creativity Coach, she has a passion for helping authors build successful careers. She teaches through speaking, coaching and consulting with authors. Her non-fiction includes a book for authors- The Writers Adventure Guide.
Beth also loves creating strong female characters who empower women and girls to be the heroes in their own lives. Her fantasy novel Henrietta the Dragon Slayer is available now, with Book 2 coming out this summer.
Some of the topics we discuss in the interview:
- Her beliefs in strong marketing practices online and offline as well.
- Every author needs to have a home on the internet, whether they are involved in Social Media or not.
- An author website or blog plus a newsletter are important tools for all authors.
- No matter where you go, carry a copy of your best work.
- Nobody wants to be sold to- develop real relationships and people will naturally be interested in what you do.
- Speaking, coaching and consulting engagements are great ways of meeting new people while providing multiple income streams, nobody needs to be a starving artist anymore.
- Some exciting new speaking opportunities she has coming: How to Pitch to Agents and Editors with her husband, author Ezra Barany;The Women's Fiction Festival in Italy; Creativity Pays keynote speech.
- While she has self-published her books, she has partnered with a publisher to distribute some index cards to accompany her Writers Adventure Guide. The publisher can put her product in places she might not be able to reach on her own.
- Beth is a strong advocate of writing and critique groups. It's important to have accountability and feeback from other writers.
Beth can be found at her website www.bethbarany.com and also on her blog writersfunzone.com/blog where she posts tips for writing and marketing for authors as well as inspiration and creativity. Visit to get a Free Self-Guided Journaling Course for Writers. For Author Entrepreneurs, visit ArtistEntrepreneurship.com