Kendall Grey is the author of Inhale- released May 1, Exhale- released June 1 and the soon to be released Just Breathe.
I have to tell you- I think this is my best interview yet! I hardly made any mistakes, and despite the fact that the video aspect didn't record Kendall and I had a great time!
Things we talked about:
- Writing a full length novel, how many words are enough/too much?
- Pulling your passions together to create a great story- in Kendall's case Whales and Science, Australian Folklore, and Sexy Australian Rock Stars :)
- The correct way to say Gloucester
- Kendall's roller coaster ride of Querying and Submitting
- Her ultimate decision to "Choose Herself" and Self-Publish
- Delegating cover design and editing
- How sales have been since her release
- Coming up with a Marketing Plan
- Paying for reviews, Google ads and Goodreads ads
- Building a back list and a LONG TAIL
- The cause Kendall supports- a group that teaches kids about whales